Thursday, April 19, 2012

Commitment

I've always heard that if you want to be a successful business owner you need to be totally committed. Committed to the amount of work that will need to be done, committed to the time that will be spent away from family and friends,and committed to the fact that you will need to eat-drink-and sleep your business. But even knowing all this going in,there are bound to be things you were never prepared for.

Which brings us to my truck. Have you seen my truck? My once beautiful, metallic pearl white four wheel drive F-150 pick up? If you have,you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

It's wrapped. Not in something macho like cammo, or the Smashville Predator. Oh no, it's wrap is of the "come play at Franklin's premier indoor play park" variety with cute, little wide-eyed kids sporting backpacks.

 My kids call it the "Dora the Explorer Truck." My son's preschool classmates call it the "Happy Truck." My wife calls it advertising.

Me?  I call it a severe hitch in my get along.  I just can't rock out to Metallica and not feel guilty. I have to park around the corner when I go into the gas station if I want to buy beer. I have to be prepared for some real cattiness from some of the other play places when I'm parked in front and my kids are birthday guests.  And worst of all, I feel a real responsibility to drive much slower and courteously---using my blinker is a must & you always have to let someone in---even if they are cutting you off in traffic because you are representing your business at all times.


In the end,I guess it all comes with the territory. But that's ok. I'm all in, baby!

That's commitment! ;)

-Tim, CEO, Inside Out Play Park

No comments:

Post a Comment