Thursday, April 19, 2012

Committment, you say?

Okay, so I demasculated my husband's truck in the name of advertising.  That's nothing compared to pushing out three nearly 11 pound babies in the name of being a good wife (he withheld the fact that he was 13lbs, 10oz at birth---his mom told me years after we were dating--in fact a month after we were engaged to be married).  I was in law school at that time and I quickly looked it up & it met the legal definition of fraud.  I considered filing a Motion. 

But, at that point, I was in deep and since he is 6'6" tall, the fact that I could wear heels at my wedding trumped what seemed like an issue that was years & years away.  I mean, who cares how huge your child is going to be at birth, right?    WHAT?  Er....well, THE ONE GIVING BIRTH....ME!  That's who!  His mom really never liked me much. Probably thought I deserved it.

So, my husband says in his last blog that he is "committed" to Inside Out Play Park--"all in".  Glad to hear that.  A business that I dreamed up about a year or so ago and, true to my personality, decided to turn into reality before I could take the time to second guess myself (are you seeing a pattern here?  My husband's birth weight...I could have called off the engagement, found myself a small, short, lean preemie of a man, but I tend to jump in quickly, before I have a lot of time to think about why not). 

Alas, I must say that I made excellent choices in both situations.  Tim and I have been together for 18 years (married 15), have three, tall, beautiful children (>98% on the growth charts---his mom's still laughing, I'm sure) and Inside Out Play Park open in December of 2011 & has reached success in ways I couldn't have dreamed. 

For the time being, I will keep dreaming with my eyes open & won't think things through---it has served me well.

We hope you enjoy spending time with us as we embark upon this adventure.  We will unfold the story of how Inside Out Play Park came to be, share with you what our guests bring to our attention on a daily basis---and how we both 1) reacted as business owners and 2) really wanted to react as humans---- and life as the parents of three while we are balancing working together for the first time, running a new concept business and dealing with my husband driving the Dora-mobile....lol....(I still think your all that, honey---girly truck & all....;)....)
-Micheala, CEO, Director of Creative Development, Inside Out Play Park



1 comment:

  1. I love it! Micheala I talked to you about special needs kiddos at Starbucks in Cool Springs a couple months before Inside Out opened. Can't wait to come see it for myself! I have seen the truck around Spring Hill and think it's cool.

    ReplyDelete